A job listing has recently been discovered for the Pokemon Company International. The application on the webpage for the job listing, given the job code number 617, requires the following (All known info below is courtesy of The Pokemon Company International) for those looking to be a Principal Game Designer:
What You Will Do
- Work with artists and designers to create a fantastic UI experience.
- Work with Product Management to define the ideal feature set for this game.
- Work with Producers to manage all the designers’ sprint tasks.
- Work with the Director of Gaming to define/enforce the vision for this game.
What You Will Bring
- 5 years or more experience in mobile\video game design
- 2 years or more experience as a Lead or Principal Game Designer
- UX/UI skills a plus
- Design management skills, a plus
- Experience with Unity a plus
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication. Ability to create clear design specifications, flowcharts, and other design documents.
- Creative: You are fantastic at thinking outside of the box. You love coming up with solutions for problems that seem challenging.
- Love Games : You love playing games and understanding what makes them fun. Your love for games is infections and motivates others around you.
- Great people skills : You know that a team is only productive when members are happy and motivated. You recognize when people are unhappy and you know how to stay positive even in challenging times.
- Fun first: You understand there’s a lot of science and data in making good games but first you have to find the fun. You’re always focused on whether the current experience is fun for customers.
Now, other than that, the specifics as to what this game will be, when it’ll debut, and when it’ll launch, among other things, are no known at that time, but more info will come at a later date.
The link, for anyone who wants to either apply or refer a friend, is here: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POKEMON&cws=1&rid=617