First thing I have to say, is welcome to JoyCon Gamers. Here at JCG, we are looking to expand our family of writers with some new, fresh talent. We are looking for great, prolific writers who will thrive in the crowded environment of the video game journalism world. Do you think you have what it takes to succeed?
Our writers must be passionate about their craft. We want people who are fans of Nintendo products, of video games in general, and of varied genres in the world of gaming. We are looking for motivated individuals with personality, who have the skills to cover the biggest game news stories and write entertaining, engaging, and impactful features for our audience to read.
We feel people work the best when given proper guidance but also given the freedom to be themselves, with that we don’t appoint particular positions to our writers, instead we all our writers to have full creative control over their art. There are some requirements to be met when you’re writing articles, but these are easy to fulfill and will not hinder your ability to be yourself.
Our requirements are as follow:
* The ability to regularly produce content. A minimum of one feature article a week, with no maximum. We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and that’s okay, just let us know.
* A good knowledge of video games. This is obvious, of course, you’re going to want to know what you’re writing about.
* Have a good knowledge of the English language, and the ability to use proper grammar. If you doubt your grammar abilities, download the Grammarly add-on for Firefox or Chrome. I highly recommend it, it’s awesome.
* Be over the age of 18. Even though this is a non-paid position, we will require you to be over the age of 18. We will provide game codes for review and do not want to worry about underage gamers receiving mature rated games.
* Knowledge of online post promotion. Knowledge of WordPress and basic image edition. These are bonuses, not a requirement for us to consider you but highly sought after skills.
We do require a few writing samples to look over your writing ability, if you submit samples with spelling and/or grammatical errors, we will not respond to your application. We are looking for writers are talented, detail oriented and professional in their writing. Posts will range around 300 words and up.
If you feel like you want to apply to be a member of our team, please check out our site first and then send us two to three writing samples related to recent news or a recent game. If you have previous writing experience on other sites, feel free to send us links to those articles.